SNS Dip Nails – All you need to know
There are so many different types of color you can get on your nails. Gel, polish, SNS, acrylics, etc. Each type has a different finished product and a different life span. We found that SNS dip nails are one of the longest lasting and smoothest finishes you can get. That’s why it’s one of our favorites!
What is SNS dip color?
SNS = Signature Nail System. SNS is a powder that you dip your primed nail into. After applying a sealant, the color gets trapped and turns into a flawless, smooth finish.
What color can I get SNS dip nails?
SNS comes in all colors imaginable and there are hundreds of companies that have them. You can get matte, shiny, sparkles. You name it, you got it!
How long will SNS dip nails last?
These nails will last just about as long as you want to wear them. They will outlast your nails easily! We did find that on occasion they will chip if you are rough with them.
How is it done?
There are just 5 easy steps to achieving the perfect SNS manicure/pedicure:
- Prep – Always prep your nails before doing any type of color to them. Cut and shape using a nail file. Make sure your cuticles are pushed back and there are no hang nails to the side.
- Base Coat – Apply a thin layer of base coat to your entire nail and go to step 3 immediately.
- Dip – Dip nail immediately after applying the base coat. Shake or tap off any excess powder, being careful not to touch your nail in the process.
- Activator – Apply a thin layer of activator, making sure the entire nail is covered.
- Top – Top if off with the top coat and you’re done!
Note: now, if you want to make sure that you get brilliant, vibrant color, you’ll want to dip twice by repeating steps 2 and 3 two times.
We found that we had to pay special attention when applying the base coat as you do not want to get any on your skin around the nail but you want to make sure you cover the entire nail. If you don’t get the entire nail, you can get it on the second coat but it never turns out as well.
Each kit usually comes with a brush softener bottle as well. This is because the activator acts like a super glue and we have all learned from a hard experience that super glue dries fast, right!? When your brush gets a little harder than usual, you can put it in the brush softener and let it sit for a few minutes. Your brush will be like new! You will want to use this often because once the brush gets too hard, there is no coming back from it.
You can get such a wide range of colors, too! From matte to shine and even sparkle, you’ll definitely be able to find something that will suit your personality!
For other nail ideas, check out what we thought about coffin nails: